250 animals rescued, 35 others killed in LA pet store fire
Fire officials suspect an electrical problem sparked the fire
LOS ANGELES — Authorities say nearly 3 dozen animals were killed when flames ripped through a Los Angeles pet shop.
Fire Inspector Joey Marron says the blaze was reported around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday in the Lennox area.
Marron says firefighters rescued about 250 animals including rabbits and birds. He says 35 fish, reptiles and other animals died.
Officials suspect an electrical problem sparked the fire. Animal control officers and the pet store owner are assisting investigators.
A damage estimate was not immediately available.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.