Firefighters rescue teen impaled on fence
He had to be taken to the hospital with the bars still in his arm
The Evening Standard
PALMERSTON, New Zealand — A friend of a teenager who impaled himself on a metal fence propped him up until emergency services arrived.
The teen, who St John said was about 18, was taken to Palmerston North Hospital in a serious condition after getting his arm spiked by a fence about 5.40pm on Saturday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Firefighters rescue teen impaled on fence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze