Dogs alert family to fire, but unable to be saved
After the family escaped, firefighters couldn't go back to save the pets
BARODA, Mich. — A Baroda family was alerted to an early Saturday morning fire by the barking of their two dogs, and escaped from the house uninjured.
Unfortunately, the dogs, a mother and her one-year-old pup, were lost, along with 12 cats, reported Baroda-Lake Township Fire Chief Larry Klug.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Fire Attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze