Firefighters rescue girl threatening to hurt self on roof
The girl climbed on the school's roof and struggled against firefighters
By Lisa Gartner
Tampa Bay Times
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — She left a note with a classmate threatening to hurt herself. Then, the 11-year-old climbed on the roof of Azalea Middle School.
Rescue workers removed the girl in the green-hooded sweatshirt from the school's roof late Tuesday afternoon after nearly two hours of trying to talk her down.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze