N.Y. FD revives dog trapped in house fire

Using a specialized oxygen mask, firefighters were able to revive a dog that was rescued from the house


By Edward Harris
Observer-Dispatch, Utica, N.Y.

UTICA — The Utica Fire Department was able to revive a dog Sunday that was trapped in a house fire on Dawes Avenue.

The call came in for a structure fire at 4:30 p.m. at 722 Dawes Avenue. Fire officials said the homeowner smelled smoke and heard her smoke alarm going off in the basement.

The homeowner went to check and the house began to fill with smoke once she opened the basement door, officials said. The woman was able to make it out unharmed.

Using a specialized oxygen mask, firefighters were able to revive a dog that was rescued from the house. The homeowner had several birds that died in the fire.

Officials said the fire started in the basement, though no cause has been determined. The fire is still under investigation.

Three people were displaced due to the fire and will be receiving help from the Red Cross.

___

(c)2018 Observer-Dispatch, Utica, N.Y.

McClatchy-Tribune News Service

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2018 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.