Pet parrot alerts Pa. residents to fire
The residents collected the parrot and fled outside to safety, but the parrot did not survive
By Elizabeth Evans
The York Dispatch
YORK CITY, Pa. — A pet parrot might have saved the lives of its owners when it alerted them to a house fire, York City Fire Chief Steve Buffington said.
The residents collected the parrot and fled outside to safety, but the parrot did not survive, he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pet parrot alerts Pa. residents to fire
- Weird News
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze