PR benefits of animal ice rescues
By Michael Lee
Ice rescue when performed correctly can be one of the best public relations tools available.
While this skill is practiced to rescue humans, it's probably more frequently utilized to rescue canines.
Some people would argue that this should not be performed.
But the positive public comments and sheer volume of news footage generated during one of these pet rescues becomes lodged in the hearts and minds of the very same constituents who will vote on your next mill levy or bond increase request.
If your department concurs, use any opportunity to utilize your ice rescue equipment and practice your skills.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze