NY woman seriously injured in house fire
The fire was caused by smoking materials
MASSENA, N.Y. — A 68-year-old Massena woman is being treated for serious injuries she received in a fire early Wednesday morning at her home on state Route 420 just outside the village limits.
Massena Volunteer Fire Department Chief Thomas Miller said investigators have ruled the cause of the fire was accidental due to smoking materials.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY woman seriously injured in house fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze