Residents leap from windows in condo complex fire
3 firefighters were also injured in the blaze
EAST HARTFORD, Conn. — Twelve people, including three firefighters, were sent to the hospital after an early morning fire in East Hartford. The fire caused major damage to a condo complex that has been the scene of several arsons in recent months.
Five of the injured were people who had to jump to safety, four people were being treated for smoke inhalation and two firefighters were being treated for heat exhaustion.
"It's like a nightmare. Literally a nightmare," said Cassandra Green. "I can't believe I'm going through this again."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze