Colo. firefighters save father, son from house fire
The two were sleeping and didn't realize there was a fire until firefighters rescued them
By Mitchell Byars
The Daily Camera
BOULDER, Colo. — Boulder firefighters were able to safely get a father and son out of their house at 3544 Kirkwood Place after it caught fire early this morning, according to officials.
Firefighters responded to the house after a neighbor reported seeing fire outside the house at 1:23 a.m. today, according to Boulder Fire Department spokeswoman Kim Kobel.
The fire then spread to the attic of the house. A father and son who lived in the house were inside sleeping and did not know there was a fire until firefighters were able to evacuate them from the building. Kobel said there were smoke detectors in the house but that they did not go off for some reason.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze