Photo: Fla. firefighters rescue save ducklings
The ducklings had fallen into a storm drain; the mother was standing over crying in distress
By Carl Lisciandrello
Tampa Bay Online
CLEARWATER, Fla. — Normally, a call placed to a fire department concerning a quacking duck might not draw too much attention from firefighters.
Except when the commotion involves a mother duck fearing for the lives of her babies. This scenario played out Monday, and the result was a happy reunion for the feathered family.
Clearwater firefighters received a call from a citizen who reported a duck making noises of distress while standing over a storm drain near 1401 Court St. When firefighters arrived, they found the mother duck hovering over the drain where her six ducklings were trapped below.
Photo Clearwater Fire Rescue
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze