Demonstrators call for termination of Fla. FF after Trayvon Martin comments
Had posted on Facebook shortly after the shooting; investigation ongoing
By Brian Hamacher
MIAMI, Fla. — Demonstrators gathered outside the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue headquarters Wednesday to protest the pace of an investigation into a firefighter's comments over the Trayvon Martin shooting made on his personal Facebook page.
The protesters, who assembled outside the headquarters in Doral, claim the internal investigation into Capt. Brian Beckmann is dragging on.
"The director should come out and speak to the public and apologize for the words of Brian Beckmann," protester Walter Clark said. "At the same time, Brian Beckmann should be fired."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze