Infographic: Do firefighters feel prepared to handle hazmat calls?
Fire departments across the country need to be ready to respond to hazmat calls, but our survey showed room for improvement
Sponsored by Smiths Detection
By FireRescue1 BrandFocus Staff
FireRescue1 surveyed our readers to find out what are the key challenges firefighters face when it comes to hazmat and how well they feel they are equipped to respond.
Encouragingly, a majority of respondents said they have local SOPs in place for hazmat response, but many want additional training and equipment to better handle these calls.
Download this FREE infographic to learn more:
- Number of hazmat calls in an average year
- How many departments use detection or identification technology
- Hazmat types most often encountered
- Top challenges of hazmat response
- What’s needed to improve hazmat response
Fill out the form below to download the free infographic: