Firefighter recovering after flashover bailout in NJ
The 41-year-old firefighter has a fractured pelvis and some broken ribs, and was still heavily sedated Tuesday
By FireRescue1 Staff
ASBURY PARK, N.J. — A New Jersey firefighter was recovering in a hospital Tuesday after suffering serious burns and broken bones at a fire the day before.
Asbury Park Firefighter Jason Fazio was forced to bail out of a second story window at an apartment building when the fire flashed over.
The 41-year-old firefighter has a fractured pelvis and some broken ribs, City Councilman and Fazio's godfather James Bruno told The Asbury Park Press.
"He's heavily sedated, but he knows what's going on," Bruno said.
The fire at the brick structure reached three alarms and damaged several units.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze