FULL LIST OF Wildland-Urban Interface RESULTS
'Attack from the black'–
When fighting fire in flashy fuels like grass, shrubs and brush, always "attack from the black."
Common denominators of wildfire behavior–
Five common denominators that contribute to accidents/incidents have been identified through studies of "tragedy fires"...
Escape routes in wildfires–
An escape route is a preplanned and understood route to reach a safety zone. What are the primary concerns in choosing an escape route?
Wildland urban interface hazards–
Firefighters in the wildland urban interface may encounter hazards other than the fire itself, such as hazardous materials, utility lines and poor access.
Wildland vehicle entrapment–
If you find yourself in a fire entrapment situation where a shelter deployment is not possible, using a vehicle for refuge may be an option.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Detroit firefighters wreck fire truck during joy ride
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus