FULL LIST OF Wildland-Urban Interface Tips
'Attack from the black'–
When fighting fire in flashy fuels like grass, shrubs and brush, always "attack from the black."
Common denominators of wildfire behavior–
Five common denominators that contribute to accidents/incidents have been identified through studies of "tragedy fires"...
Escape routes in wildfires–
An escape route is a preplanned and understood route to reach a safety zone. What are the primary concerns in choosing an escape route?
Wildland urban interface hazards–
Firefighters in the wildland urban interface may encounter hazards other than the fire itself, such as hazardous materials, utility lines and poor access.
Wildland vehicle entrapment–
If you find yourself in a fire entrapment situation where a shelter deployment is not possible, using a vehicle for refuge may be an option.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Ohio firefighter shot on scene of house fire
- 4 calls every firefighter is thrilled to get cancelled on
- 20 hilarious signs from the Newtown, Australia fire station
- 9/11 firefighter refuses to cast electoral vote for Trump
- Rapid reaction: 5 early takeaways from Oakland’s fire tragedy