1 firefighter dead, 2 injured in Tenn. blaze
Roof collapse at a Saturday morning fire in Tennessee take the life of one volunteer firefighter and injures two others.
Duty Death: Kenny Fox - [Decature County , Tennessee]
PARSONS, Tenn. — A tragic story out of Decatur County; a volunteer firefighter was killed in the line of duty Saturday morning when a business in Parsons went up in flames.
Kenny Fox, a volunteer firefighter and sheriff's deputy, became trapped when the roof collapsed during the fire, according to police.
Two other firefighters were badly burned and are now at Vanderbilt Hospital. The Decatur County Sheriff, Roy Wyatt, says Jeremy Inman and his brother Randy are being treated for third degree burns on their face and hands.
For the complete story, click here.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze