Volunteer firefighter charged with murder in Fla
The firefighter allegedly shot a man in the head in a hotel bar
The Anderson Independent-Mail
SARASOTA, Fla. — Michael Rice, a volunteer with Oconee County Fire Services, has been suspended indefinitely after he was arrested in Sarasota County, Fla., this weekend.
Deputies in Florida charged Rice in the fatal shooting someone at the Tiki Bar at Bentley's Hotel on South Tamiami Trail in Osprey.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Volunteer firefighter charged with murder in Fla
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze