TV network to air show on teaching firefighters to sing
The premis of the show is to teach choral singing to a group that has never sung together before
By Erin Udell
WINDSOR, Colo. — Some familiar faces from Windsor’s fire department are about to become a whole lot more familiar.
Producers for "The Choir," a hit show in the United Kingdom, are bringing it to the United States and focusing on Windsor Severance Fire Rescue. The show’s concept is to teach choral singing to groups of people who have either never sung before or never had the chance to.
While looking for potential groups, casting agents narrowed it down to several fire departments across the country. In a field where you have to work together like a well-oiled machine, the show’s overall goal and process seemed like a perfect fit.
- Weird News
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze