Dead obese woman's body fat set crematorium on fire
Firefighters battled blaze in special breathing kit, but got covered in burnt grease
Asian News International (ANI)
GRAZ, Austria — Austrian crematorium officials have blamed a deceased woman's obesity for causing a fire that had to be tackled by fire fighters.
Firemen in the southern city of Graz got covered in thick sticky soot as they tried to stop the blaze from taking hold of the building.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze