Phone charger bursts into flames, hurts NJ college student
The student suffered a leg burn and was taken to a hospital for treatment
GLASSBORO, N.J. — A New Jersey university says a student has been taken to a hospital after his cellphone charger burst into flames.
Officials at Rowan University say a student was in the Chamberlain Student Center in Glassboro Thursday night when his cellphone charger caught fire inside his pants pocket.
Officials say the student grabbed the charger and a phone that were in the pocket and threw them to the ground.
The school says the student suffered a leg burn and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The building was evacuated for a brief period.
School officials say they haven't determined the make or model of the charger.