Texas firefighters save more than 100 snakes from house fire

Authorities say that when firefighters arrived, they discovered a second-floor bedroom full of snakes and lizards


Associated Press

CONROE, Texas — Firefighters in Texas have rescued more than 100 snakes from a home that caught fire over the weekend.

Authorities say a Christmas tree may have sparked the blaze Saturday near Conroe, about 40 miles (65 kilometers) north of Houston. The snakes included pythons and boa constrictors.

Firefighters in Texas have rescued more than 100 snakes from a home that caught fire. (Photo/AP)
Firefighters in Texas have rescued more than 100 snakes from a home that caught fire. (Photo/AP)

Authorities say that when firefighters arrived, they discovered a second-floor bedroom full of snakes and lizards.

Firefighters from Caney Creek and other responders carefully brought the snakes outside to safety, though authorities say “a couple” lizards died in the fire.

Houston TV station KTRK reports that the homeowners weren’t at the house at the time of the fire.

Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2019 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.