Heavy rains help firefighters contain massive wildfires
Despite the rain, firefighters are still battling nearly 20 fires
ABC Premium News
QUEENSLAND, Australia — Overnight rain has doused two major fires in south east Queensland but crews are still dealing with extreme fire conditions in the state's west.
Authorities say the rain has extinguished bushfires which had been burning at Greenbank and Mount Tambourine south of Brisbane.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze