Company name: Lenco Armored Vehicles
Headquarters: Pittsfield, Mass.
Signature Product: BearCat Armored Tactical Vehicle
1. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Our signature product is the BearCat Armored Tactical Vehicle. It supports SWAT teams and fire responders. The vehicle provides protection against multiple threats, from natural disasters to terrorist attacks.
2. Why do you believe your products are essential to first responder communities?
Our product is essential to first responders because it helps save the lives of the citizens they protect and their own lives.
3. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
Our biggest challenge is a misunderstanding about our vehicle pricing. Our vehicles are much more affordable than agencies realize.
4. What makes your company unique?
We were first to market with a police specific armored rescue vehicle in 1999.
5. What do your customers like best about your products?
Our customers appreciate the quality of the vehicle and the confidence that it gives them in high-threat scenarios.
6. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder community?
Knowing that our product helps first responders and citizens go home safely is rewarding.
7. Do you support any charitable organizations within public safety?
Lenco is a proud supporter of the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. T2T provides mortgage-free homes to Gold Star and fallen first responder families with young children, and builds custom-designed smart homes for injured veterans and first responders.
8. Is there anything else you’d like to share about your company?
BearCat No. 1 made its maiden presentation to a U.S. government office in the weeks following Sept. 11, 2001.
9. What’s next for Lenco Armored Vehicles?
We aim to strengthen our position in the fire/EMS community by investing our advanced engineering resources into improving the capabilities of the BearCat.