A fire station is more than just a building — our station design topic deals with important considerations for building and managing facilities that will enable efficient operations and response while addressing your members’ health and safety. Learn how to plan for the construction of a new fire station in your community, understand the importance of firehouse location and read about recent developments in apparatus bay design and technology. Also, learn how to keep your station secure, address firehouse safety issues and ensure your station is designed with the needs of all your firefighters in mind.
- ‘What we did yesterday no longer works': Fire service leaders look ahead to 2024
- New study to evaluate occupational risks faced by FFs, EMS
- Be careful what you wish for
- Suspected DUI driver strikes 2 FFs, 2 police officers on Colo. interstate
- Pa. cop catches baby dropped from window as mother jumps to escape rowhome fire