FireRescue1’s apparatus resource center features the latest news and information related to fire apparatus and equipment. From major headlines like the eight firefighters injured in a double-apparatus crash to videos highlighting the dangers of the road, FireRescue1 offers a wealth of information that firefighters can use to enhance educational opportunities with the crew, whether around the kitchen table or during formal training evolutions. Firefighters can learn valuable safety information, like how to be secure in the bucket; engineers and mechanics can learn how to maintain air brakes and be a great pump operator; and fire service leaders can learn how to implement an effective driving program. There’s also valuable information for apparatus purchasing committees, like what to ask apparatus vendors at trade shows or how to start the apparatus procurement process. Sign up for the Apparatus newsletter here for additional information.
- Erasing stereotypes in the firehouse with allyship and ally support
- Firefighters at Ore. department demand better working conditions
- Top 20 stats from the What Firefighters Want in 2023 survey
- Beyond cats in a tree: 13 incredible animal rescues in 2023
- 2 Chicago police officers seriously injured after porch collapses during house fire