Community Risk Reduction
Fire departments are primary advocates for community risk reduction (CRR). While fire prevention, inspections and public education remain integral parts of fire department activities, the CRR concept takes a more holistic approach to improving civilian and firefighter safety. Following are just a handful of programs that can be associated with CRR: smoke alarm installation, fall prevention, water safety, community paramedicine, emergency preparedness. The FireRescue1 CRR resource page details how departments are integrating CRR into their daily operations, news about successful programs, and simple how-to tools to share with the community.
- Calif. county suspends tribal FDs over refusal to sign mutual aid contract
- 2023: The year in fire photos
- A failure of imagination: The Our Lady of the Angels School tragedy
- Arbitrator orders embattled Ore. FD, union to renegotiate contract, wages
- Veteran Mo. FF files disability discrimination lawsuit