The fire-based EMS topic deals with the range of issues facing EMTs and paramedics in the fire service. Use this page to find news and tips on survivability, ambulance safety, emergency medical response and fireground medical operations. Check out unique fire-based EMS systems throughout the country, how departments can adapt to changes in agency structure that involve EMS, solutions for common challenges, and more. And visit EMS1.com for more EMS news and tips.
- Erasing stereotypes in the firehouse with allyship and ally support
- Firefighters at Ore. department demand better working conditions
- Top 20 stats from the What Firefighters Want in 2023 survey
- Beyond cats in a tree: 13 incredible animal rescues in 2023
- 2 Chicago police officers seriously injured after porch collapses during house fire