3 Nev. firefighters hurt after roof collapses during house fire

Authorities believe the fire started after an unattended grill exploded

By FireRescue1 Staff

LAS VEGAS — Three firefighters were injured after a roof collapsed during a house fire Sunday afternoon.

Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that one firefighter was hospitalized for neck and back injuries, one broke a tooth and the other suffered a hand injury. Las Vegas Fire Department spokesman Tim Szymanski said the injuries are not life-threatening.

Authorities said the fire was probably caused by an unattended grill explosion, which sent flames into the house and attic. The damages totaled $300,000.

The person living in the home was not hurt.


Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 firerescue1.com. All rights reserved.