Topless Aussie sunbather battles fire

Tash Bennett grabbed a fire hose from the pool to douse the flames

By Nick Calacouras
Northern Territory News

DARWIN, Australia — A woman put the safety of her neighbours over her own modesty when she saved an apartment building from going up in flames — topless.

Fitness instructor Tash Bennett was sunbaking by the pool of the Alatai Apartments in Darwin city on Thursday afternoon when a nearby palm tree caught on fire.

"I was just lying there when some ash fell on top of me," she said. "I wasn't really paying attention because I was listening to my iPod."

Ms Bennett raced to reception for help before rushing back to the pool to use the fire hose.

It was only after battling the blaze for five minutes that she looked down and realised that she was still topless from the sunbaking.

"I was pretty red faced on the day, having to hold myself while running to reception," she said. I was sunbaking. I wasn't exactly prepared. But you've got to put out the fire before you deal with that."

One witness, Johnny McCoy said the heroic hottie had a full audience of residents while she battled the blaze.

"For the record, she was smoking hot herself, but provided all the boys a pretty awesome sight for an otherwise typical Thursday," he said.

"Once she had the blaze under control, she then got her bikini situation under control and put everything back where it should be."

After the blaze, Ms Bennett resumed her sunbaking while she waiting for the fire crew to arrive.

Her husband, Daniel McNamee said he was proud of his wife's quick actions in the emergency situation.

"Apparently the flames were pretty high. It could have taken out the building," he said.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2023 FireRescue1. All rights reserved.