Wis. paramedic collapses at scene of house fire
Paramedic Dann Schamens was “pulseless and not breathing” before colleagues began life-saving measures, EMS officials said
By News Staff
SPARTA, Wis. — A Wisconsin paramedic collapsed at the scene of a house fire and was airlifted to the hospital in critical condition Saturday morning.
Paramedic Dann Schamens was “pulseless and not breathing,” according to Sparta Area Ambulance, and fellow responders began lifesaving measures.
Schamens regained a pulse and was airlifted to the hospital where he was reported as being in critical condition, according to WXOW.
EMS officials said Schamens was in stable condition in a Facebook post Sunday night.
A mother and daughter were rescued from the fire at the two-story house and have since been released from the hospital after receiving treatment for burns and smoke inhalation, WXOW reported.