Trending Topics

2 Texas men burned while hanging holiday lights

The men, ages 27 and 31, were rushed to the hospital with electrical burns on their hands

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

FORT WORTH, Texas — Two men were taken to the hospital with serious electrical burns Sunday night after hanging Christmas lights at Lake Country Christian School in Fort Worth, MedStar spokesman Matt Zavadsky said.

After consulting with a doctor at John Peter Smith Hospital, ambulances rushed one of the men with burns on both hands to Parkland Memorial Hospital’s burn unit in Dallas, Zavadsky said. The other man was taken to JPS with burns on one of his hands.

“Electrical burns themselves are tough to deal with because you never know what’s going on under the skin,” Zavadsky said.

One man is 27 and the other is 31, he said. The two were hanging lights at the private school at 7050 Lake Country Drive.

Copyright 2014 Fort Worth Star-Telegram
All Rights Reserved

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU