11 sickened by carbon monoxide at ND hotel

Fire officials said the level of carbon monoxide in the pool area was 300 parts per million


Associated Press

FARGO, N.D. — Authorities say defective boiler may have caused an apparent carbon monoxide leak at a Fargo hotel that sent a child to the hospital and sickened others.

WDAY-TV reports the 9-year-old girl was sickened in the pool area Monday at the La Quinta Inn and Suites. Police say at least 10 others also felt sick and sought treatment on their own.

Fire officials say the level of carbon monoxide in the pool area was 300 parts per million. Firefighter usually wear protective masks when the level reaches 100 parts per million.

Nearby rooms at La Quinta were unoccupied, so no evacuation was necessary.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 FireRescue1. All rights reserved.