Special coverage: Emergency response in the drone age
With public safety usage and applications exploding, fire department drones are poised to be the next technology to redefine emergency response. Already in use to identify wildfire origins and water deployment targets, to survey mass casualty incidents and disaster sites, and to provide eye in the sky views of active fires, the uses for UASs continue to grow.
- Research: Drone video is effective in identifying multiple vehicle collision hazards
- How to develop a fire service UAS training program
- How drones can aid fire service response
- AT&T’s FirstNet poised to facilitate advanced firefighting technology
- Q&A: The future impact of drones on fire and emergency services