Special coverage: Emergency response in the drone age
With public safety usage and applications exploding, fire department drones are poised to be the next technology to redefine emergency response. Already in use to identify wildfire origins and water deployment targets, to survey mass casualty incidents and disaster sites, and to provide eye in the sky views of active fires, the uses for UASs continue to grow.
- 6 takeaways on how fire departments are using drones and the barriers preventing purchase
- A firefighter’s guide to drone flight: 7 elements of a copter drone
- Drone use in fire/EMS and public safety
- Drones in the fire service: Expanding operational uses
- How to develop a fire service UAS training program