Calif. fire station closed due to mold

The firefighters were moved to other stations while a long-term solution is sorted out

By Matt Keller

SAN JOSE, Calif. — A San Jose fire station has been shut down because of a growing mold problem. The goal overnight was to make sure the people living in the area were covered for emergencies. 

Fire station 16 is closed on South King Road near Cunningham Avenue. It's an older building that's been around for decades.

Yesterday, firefighters found mold inside the station. That's been an ongoing issue, but it looked to them like it had gotten worse, possibly from the recent rain. They called out the command staff and the command staff determined it might be unhealthy to be there so they closed down the station and moved the crews out to nearby stations. 

Full story: San Jose fire station closed due to mold problem

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Get FIRE CHIEF in your inbox

Thanks! You've been successfully signed up for the Fire Chief

Copyright © 2023 FireRescue1. All rights reserved.