Apparatus manufacturers rev up for FDIC 2023
Are you looking to buy or simply drooling over the latest tech and features? There's something for everyone on the exhibit hall floor
By FireRescue1 Staff
INDIANAPOLIS — Welcome to FDIC 2023! There’s nothing like strolling through an air-conditioned exhibit hall while getting a first-hand look at the latest fire apparatus specs and tech.
Whether you're comparing vehicle features in preparation to purchase, or simply drooling over the latest apparatus innovations that you'll be dreaming about on your next shift, there's something for everyone on the exhibit floor.
Check out how these public safety vehicle manufacturers are celebrating FDIC 2023 and what apparatus they're showcasing. Be sure to check the FireRescue1 FDIC Resource Center for the latest from Indianapolis this week. Are you here attending the conference? Drop by the Lexipol booth #340 and say hi, share an article idea or podcast guest suggestion!
Lenco to showcase Urban G3 MedCat at FDIC
The Miami Dade Fire Rescue vehicle was designed to streamline fire and EMS operations
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — Lenco Armored Vehicles will showcase Miami Dade Fire Rescue’s (MDFR) Urban G3 MedCat at FDIC 2023 this week, the company announced on Monday.
Watch as MDFR Chief Andy Alvarez discusses the benefits of the Urban G3 MedCat and working with Lenco in a video testimonial below.
Learn more about the specialty vehicle at Lenco booth #5639 at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Pierce Manufacturing to showcase 13 apparatus at FDIC
The exhibit will also include an Innovation Theater featuring subject matter expert presentations on the latest apparatus technology
APPLETON, Wis. — Pierce Manufacturing Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation company, will feature 13 apparatus at its FDIC 2023 exhibit, the company announced last week.
“Our team, alongside our dealer network, looks forward to FDIC as an opportunity to connect with firefighters, listen to their needs, and provide insight into our latest fire apparatus and technology advancements,” Lisa Barwick, vice president of marketing for Oshkosh Corporation’s Vocational Segment, said.
Pierce Manufacturing’s exhibit will feature a wide assortment of apparatus models and configurations, including:
- Oshkosh Striker Volterra Electric ARFF Vehicle
- Velocity® Volterra Electric Pumper (Gilbert, Arizona)
- Velocity PUC Pumper with flow capabilities up to 2000 gpm
- Enforcer™ Heavy-Duty Rescue Pumper (Jessamine County, Kentucky)
- Saber® Pumper (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- Enforcer Pumper (Evansville, Indiana)
- Velocity Non-Walk-In Heavy-Duty Rescue (South Hill, Virginia)
- Velocity Ascendant® 100’ Heavy-Duty Aerial Tower with mid-mount configuration (Huntsville, Alabama)
- Velocity Ascendant 100’ Heavy-Duty Aerial Tower with mid-mount configuration (Chesapeake, Virginia)
- Velocity Ascendant 107’ Heavy-Duty Aerial Ladder - Single Rear Axle (Leon Valley, Texas)
- Enforcer Ascendant 107’ Heavy-Duty Aerial Ladder – Tandem Rear Axle (Douglas County, Georgia)
- Velocity Ascendant 107’ Heavy-Duty Tiller Aerial Ladder (South Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Velocity 100' Heavy-Duty Steel Aerial Platform (Lehigh Acres, Florida)
The exhibit will also include Pierce Manufacturing’s Innovation Theater, which spotlights presentations from subject matter experts on the latest apparatus innovations and features, including:
- Pierce Advanced Technology
- Next Generation PUC Pump
- Pierce Volterra Platform of Electric Vehicles
- Pierce Custom Chassis
The sessions will be available:
- Thursday, April 27, from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 28, from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For more information, visit the Pierce display at FDIC booth #5300 near the Capital Corridor in Lucas Oil Stadium.
KME to showcase new technology, apparatus at FDIC
A subsidiary of REV Group, KME's booth display will include the first North American-style fully electric fire truck
HOLDEN, La. — KME, a subsidiary of REV Group, Inc., will showcase its latest apparatus and technology at FDIC, including the first North American-style fully electric fire truck, the company announced last week.
FDIC visitors can see three unique apparatus at KME booth #3701, including:
- Custom Pumper from Hazelton Fire Department, Pennsylvania: Built on a Panther MFD chassis with flat roof cab and seating for five, this rig features a 750-gallon water tank, a 2000 GPM pump and 158” flat back body constructed of 3/16” aluminum.
- Custom Top Mount Pumper from Orangeville Township Fire Department, Michigan: This truck features the 100” Predator chassis with 16” raised roof, 10” front bumper extension, 1500 GPM pump, 1,500-gallon water tank, and wheelbase of 119”.
- Custom Pumper from the City of Lake Station Fire Department, IL: Built on a 94” Panther MFD chassis with 10” raised roof, this rig features a 980-gallon water tank, 20-gallon foam cell, 1500 GPM pump and 21” front bumper extension.
“We’re excited to showcase the latest in fire apparatus and technology this year at FDIC,” said Mike Virnig, President, REV Fire Group. “This is all part of the partnership we have with fire departments, offering great products that protect firefighters and the communities they serve.”
For more information on KME apparatus and technology, visit FDIC booth #3701.
REV Fire Group to exhibit 19 apparatus at FDIC 2023
The group will also host a happy hour and live product walk-arounds on the exhibit hall floor during the conference
The apparatus lineup includes the Vector pumper, the first North American-style all-electric fire truck, as well as the new E-ONE Defender Type III Urban-Interface Pumper.
“We’re excited to showcase Vector and some of the most technologically advanced fire apparatus and innovations at FDIC this year,” said Mike Virnig, President, REV Fire Group. “We have a long history of manufacturing the finest fire apparatus and supporting firefighters to protect communities. We look forward to sharing these and having great conversations with everyone at FDIC.”
REV Fire Group will also host an interactive display where visitors can learn more about the Vector electric fire truck, as well as giveaway two Active Air Purification Systems.
Visit REV Fire Group brands' FDIC booths:
- E-ONE: Booth #4200
- Spartan Emergency Response: Booth #4200
- Ferrara: Booth #3701
- KME: Booth #3701
REV Fire Group representatives will be present to discuss the unique features of each of the fire apparatus on display during the conference.
E-ONE debuts new Defender Type III Urban-Interface Pumper at FDIC 2023
The new apparatus boasts the ability to pump and roll at the same time for additional mobility
OCALA, Fla. — E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group, debuted its new Defender Type III Urban-Interface Pumper at FDIC 2023 this week.
The new apparatus boasts the ability to pump and roll at the same time, giving crews additional mobility in challenging environments.
E-ONE will highlight five apparatus in total at FDIC, including:
- Defender™ Type III Urban-Interface Pumper: This unit features full height/full depth rescue style driver and officer side compartments, rear enclosed ladder for 20’ ladder, 500-gallon water tank and 20-gallon external foam tank, 500 GPM 2-stage high pressure PTO pump, and Weldon V-MUX multiplex electrical system with LCD display.
- 95 Platform: This proven design performs with a narrow stabilizer spread, expansive compartment space, easy to use SideStacker® hosebed and criss-cross under-slung outriggers with an industry-leading 40-second jack deployment system. It also features a center mounted tunnel with 99’ of ground ladders.
- HR 100 Ladder: The E-ONE HR 100 Tandem Axle Quint features a 100’ vertical reach, 500 lb. tip load ladder with 1500 GPM pump, 500-gallon tank and SideStacker hosebed, all packaged on a tandem rear axle chassis with angle-cut rear body corners.
- Typhoon® Low Hosebed Pumper: This extruded aluminum low hosebed body features full height driver and half height officer side compartments. The Typhoon 74” extruded aluminum cab features a severe duty interior, seating for 6 and transverse full heigh rear exterior compartments. It has a 1500 GPM pump, 750-gallon water tank and a foam system with 30-gallon foam cell.
- Typhoon Custom Pumper with Stainless Steel Body: This unit features a Typhoon 58” extruded aluminum cab with 12” vista roof, severe duty interior and a low hosebed stainless steel body with driver side full height compartments. It features an enclosed ladder tunnel for 48’ of ladders, 1500 GPM pump and 550-gallon water tank.
“The E-ONE display will showcase our new Urban-Interface pumper and our versatile aerial products as well as the industry’s leading technology to support our first responders in accordance with our theme of Protecting Those Who Protect Us," Mike Virnig, President, REV Fire Group, said.
Visit E-ONE at booth #4200 for more information.