RAE Systems Introduces SentryRAE Steel
SAN JOSE, CA – RAE Systems Inc. (AMEX: RAE), a leading global provider of rapidly deployable sensor networks that enable customers to identify safety and security threats in real time, today introduced SentryRAE Steel, a 5-gas multi-sensor toxic gas monitor for extremely hazardous environments. The SentryRAE Steel is intended for use in industrial or emergency response environments including oil refineries, petrochemical plants, plastics processing facilities, or offshore pumping and production platforms where flammable vapors are present under normal operating conditions.
“The new SentryRAE Steel gas detection instrument gives workgroups in hazardous environments a new industrial safety tool to protect them in the face of extreme danger,” said Thomas Negre, director of instrumentation products for RAE Systems. “The rechargeable lithium-ion or single-use alkaline batteries provide over 36 hours of operation, leaving plenty of margin for multiple work shifts to use the same instrument.”
This instrument is designed to be used in industrial work environments that demand intrinsically safe (non-explosion-triggering) tools that are classified for use in Class I, Division 1 groups A, B, C, D environments. These include workplaces where ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, vapors or liquids can exist under normal operation conditions. Groups A, B, C and D refer to the possible existence of acetylene (A), hydrogen (B), ethylene (C) or propane (D).
The SentryRAE Steel comes standard with a photoionization detector (PID) for volatile organic compounds (VOCs), an oxygen level sensor because excessive levels can accelerate an explosion, a lower explosive limit sensor and two configurable sensor slots that can be used for ammonia (NH3), carbon monoxide (CO, in 2 ranges), chlorine (Cl), hydrogen cyanide (HCN), hydrogen chloride (HCl), hydrogen fluoride (HF), hydrogen sulfide (H2S), nitric oxide (NO), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), Phosphine (PH3) or sulfur dioxide (SO2).
Features of the Sentry RAE Steel include:
• A Class I, Division 1 intrinsic safety certification from Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
• A stainless-steel housing for easy cleaning and durability.
• 20,000 point datalogging to support up to 64 hours of data using all five sensors at 1-minute intervals.
• All records can be downloaded to a standard PC for backup and storage.
• An optional steel stand prevents water or chemical damage by elevating it off of the ground and facilitating instrument transportation by putting the handle at hip height.
• The extra-bright, cluster LED alarm-light, large display, and very loud audible alarm convey readings and alarm state information over a substantially wider area than typical personal portable detectors.
• Over 60 correction factors built in, allowing measurement of more chemicals than with any other PID.
• Strong, built-in sampling pump draws up to 100 feet (30 meters) horizontally or vertically. External filter and automatic low-flow alarm protect the SentryRAE from damage.
• Large keypad can be operated with 3 layers of gloves.
• Big, easy-to-read display with backlight.
The SentryRAE Steel is available now from all certified RAE Systems distributor. Prices for the SentryRAE Steel range from $1,655 to $4,495 depending on configuration. More information on this and other RAE Systems multi-gas and wireless monitors can be found at www.raesystems.com.
About RAE Systems
RAE Systems is a leading global provider of rapidly deployable sensor networks that enable customers to identify safety and security threats in real time. Products include multi-sensor chemical detection, wireless gas detection, radiation and digital video monitoring networks for energy production and refining, industrial and environmental safety, and public and government first responder security sectors. RAE Systems’ products are used in over 65 countries by many of the world’s leading corporations and by many U.S. government agencies. For more information about RAE Systems, please visit www.RAESystems.com.