Recon to Decon: A Toolbox Approach to Hazmat Response
Tuesday, January 26th at 1:00pm - 2:00pm (EST)
Join us for a panel discussion as we explore the capabilities and limitations of various detection and identification tools and how they are best used together. Like a construction project, various carpentry tools are needed to complete the bigger job. In Hazmat response, various meters are needed from initial reconnaissance to decontamination verification. Risk-based response requires hazard assessment from all angles so you can do your job effectively and safely. High pressure mass spectrometry (HPMS) detects trace high-hazard airborne contaminants at parts per billion (ppb) levels and surface contamination / impure solid hazards at low nanogram (ng) levels. When combined with multi-gas meters during recon, FTIR and Raman during sample identification, and during decon procedures to verify mitigation, HPMS plays a key role in the detection toolbox.
By attending this webinar, you will learn from scientific and response experts:
- Which combination of tools gives the most information during a response
- Tips and tricks for sampling for all stages of the response
- Which tools are best suited for Fentanyl analog detection and identification
- Which tools are best for detecting Novichok agents at relevant exposure limits
You will also be entered into a raffle to win a cordless drill!
- Dr. Christina Baxter, CEO, Emergency Response TIPS
- Dr. Chris Weber, Field Applications Scientist, 908 Devices
- Dr. Mark Norman, Director of Field Applications, 908 Devices
Note: This is the first in our monthly series on a variety of important topics related to the community.