3 Wash. firefighters sickened by bug bomb chemicals

The firefighters were responding to a hazardous materials call when they entered the residence and breathed in the gas


By Will Campbell
The Spokesman-Review

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. — Three Spokane Valley firefighters were hospitalized Wednesday afternoon after being exposed to chemicals from a bug bomb.

The firefighters were responding to a hazardous materials call near South Eastern Road and East 6th Avenue, when at about 1:30 p.m., they entered the residence and breathed in the gas. They were transported to a local hospital and are in stable condition, said a fire department spokesperson.

Firefighters said the resident of the apartment, who wasn’t home and hasn’t been since the bug bombs went off, set off three at once. They were intended for bed bugs and fleas.

 

McClatchy-Tribune News Service

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2019 firerescue1.com. All rights reserved.