In this episode of the Side Alpha Podcast, Dr. Lori Moore-Merrell shares her experience as the newest U.S. fire administrator, a position she began in October 2021 following her time with the International Public Safety Data Institute.
Dr. Lori Moore-Merrell addresses several topics:
- Two major fatality incidents in the past several weeks;
- How past experience prepared her for the role as U.S. fire administrator;
- What to expect for the mission and vision of the USFA during her tenure;
- The role of data in the USFA and the broader fire service;
- The new USFA podcast; and
- What fire departments can continue to do to lessen the impact of COVID-19.
This episode of the Side Alpha Podcast is brought to you by Lexipol, the experts in policy, training, wellness support and grants assistance for first responders and government leaders. To learn more, visit lexipol.com.