Legacy, vigilance and cohesiveness
Why technology is the key to avoiding the next 9/11 and MCI preparedness
This episode of the Better Every Shift EMS podcast is sponsored by Verizon Frontline. The advanced network for first responders on the front lines. Learn more at verizon.com/frontline.
In this special crossover episode of the Better Every Shift, Policing Matters and Inside EMS podcasts, co-hosts Aaron Zamzow, Jim Dudley and Chris Cebollero discuss preserving the legacy of 9/11 responders and how to assess our readiness to respond to a large-scale MCI in our communities.
The hosts talk technology trends that we could (and should!) use to improve the security of citizens and first responders, from license plate readers to crime-mapping, facial recognition, drone surveillance and AI, plus all this:
- Keeping the 9/11 legacy alive with new generations
- How awareness of occupational cancer and mental health concerns is more prevalent today
- Community preparedness and incident command
- 9/11-related illness and its continued impact and devastation today
- How AI can contribute to the security of citizens and first responders
- The importance of information sharing and security
Learn more with these resources mentioned in this episode, as well as additional articles from Police1, FireRescue1 and EMS1:
- The Raytom Group – training law enforcement officers in EMS
- Policing Matters: BRINC's Blake Resnick and Don Redmond on evolving drone technology
- Policing Matters: Jamie Hudson on how Elk Grove’s Real-Time Information Center gathers and shares information AI in action: Enhancing school security with ZeroEyes' gun detection system
- FEMA’s free ICS training
- Why all law enforcement officers should read the 9/11 Commission Report
- POV: ‘It is time to demand adherence to NIMS/ICS and accountability for failure to implement’
- On-Demand Webinar: What Firefighters Want from Incident Commanders
- Are we communicating better after 9/11?
- Responding to an MCI of 9/11’s proportions, with today’s limitations
Rate and review
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. You can also follow the show on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts. And email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback!
Improve the safety and effectiveness of your department and personnel with an online training solution from FireRescue1 Academy. Access more than 1,000 courses and videos, including more than 440 hours of approved EMS CEUs. With FireRescue1 Academy, training can be delivered during in-service, field training or in a self-paced format. SCHEDULE A FREE DEMO NOW!