Uvalde school shooting
Nineteen children and two adults were killed in a mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, on May 24, 2022. The tragedy evokes memories of the Sandy Hook school schooling in Newtown, Connecticut, a decade earlier.
The Uvalde school shooting highlights the need for ongoing active shooter and mass casualty incident (MCI) training for firefighters. Several resources can be found in this compilation of active shooter training-focused content. All first responders are encouraged to embrace communication around the impact of such difficult incidents on their mental health.
Learn more about the Uvalde school shooting and related expert analysis below.
- FirefighterCloseCalls.com marks 25-year anniversary with commemorative T-shirts
- Union: FDNY reduces number of FFs on 20 trucks due to budget cuts
- Tragedies, mishaps and close calls: 25 years of preventing LODDs through The Secret List
- 2 people found dead after 3 Calif. homes catch fire, igniting cache of ammunition
- If you see something, say something – but then what?