The Goldfeders: ‘The fire service has been wonderful to this family’
Billy and Brian Goldfeder share their insights on prioritizing family amid such passions for fire service life
This week’s episode is extra “golden,” as Zam says, because we have not one, but two Goldfeders on the show – Loveland-Symmes Deputy Chief Billy Goldfeder and his son Brian Goldfeder, a captain with the Prince George’s County (Maryland) Fire/EMS Department. The Goldfeders dig into all things fire families – and if you know Billy, you know he’s all about family.
The team gets into all of this:
- Billy’s reactions and advice when Brian first considered joining the fire service;
- Being a “coach’s kid” in the fire service – and when to use the coach as a sounding board;
- Finding balance between family life and work life – and why the fire service makes that so difficult.
- Don’t miss: The mini-academy concept for fire families
- Episode power quote: “As a firefighter, we are always talking about serving others, helping others, being selfless; well, you gotta be that way at home too.”
- Hot seat sneak peek: Brian’s best advice for newly promoted members
WATCH THE SHOW HERE:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback!
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts.