Mo. firefighter shot in the foot fighting fire
The loaded gun was located in a dresser drawer and discharged from exposure to heat from the fire
OSAGE COUNTY, Mo. — An Osage County firefighter was hospitalized after he was shot in the foot.
The accident happened Wednesday in Bonnots Mill when crews were fighting a mobile home fire. The call came in around 7:30 Wednesday morning.
Fire officials said heat is what caused a pistol in a drawer to discharge a bullet from a .380 handgun. Linn Fire Chief Ron Hoffman said the fire started as a grease fire and that the trailer is a total loss. It is still standing, but it's not salvageable.