Lighter and more ergonomic than ever, without any concessions on performance: Holmatro introduces the first two models of its new 5000 series cutters. The most important factors in the development of these cutters were weight reduction and improved ergonomics, while maintaining an optimal cutting performance on modern cars. This has been achieved through a combination of new materials, component integration and innovative design. Being much lighter than the previous generation, the new 5000 series cutters significantly reduce the physical burden on the operator. This burden is even further reduced by one special model, the Inclined Cutter. Both models are also available with Greenline battery technology for increased freedom of movement.
Inclined Cutter CU 5050 i
Designed for more ergonomic cutting high and low on the car, this cutter with its inclined jaw eliminates the need to lift the tool high up for a roof cut or to bend over deeply to cut the rocker panel. Working with the Inclined Cutter also means there’s more space for the tool to move towards the car when you cut a pillar from the side. And with the carrying handle going all-around, you can always use this cutter in its most favorable position, at all sides of the vehicle. The CU 5050 i too has been tested extensively on the latest prototypes.
Optimal performance on modern cars
The models currently introduced (CU 5050 and CU 5050 i) are New Car Technology cutters, offering an optimal cutting performance on modern vehicles. Contributing features are:
- New Car Technology (NCT) blades. These U-shaped blades can surround wide pillars and automatically pull the material into the cutting recess, close to the central bolt, where it is cut at the strongest point of the tool.
- Optimized cutting edge. We’ve further optimized the cutting edge of our NCT blades for a longer blade life and the best possible performance on modern cars.
- The i-Bolt. This flat central bolt construction squeezes the blades together directly (no blade holder in between!) and more tightly. This results in a better cutting performance. It also gives you the advantage of better access into narrow spaces.
Other features & benefits
- Ergonomic carrying handle increasing operator comfort in various working positions
- Six LED lights with a high light output integrated in the carrying handle
- Patented CORE Technology combining oil feed and return in one hose to make rescue operations safer, quicker and easier
- On battery powered models: Greenline battery technology combining a long battery life with high capacity for maximum operational use
About Holmatro Incorporated
Holmatro hydraulic equipment and systems are used for rescue, industrial and special tactics operations around the world. These types of applications demand reliable tools under all circumstances. To make sure that Holmatro users can fulfil their specialized tasks, we strive to be the best-in-class industry market leader by using game changing technology.