Off-duty medic rescues infant from burning car
The paramedic was able to revive the unresponsive 10-month-old boy with CPR before an ambulance arrived
ROLLA, Mo. — Rolla Police say if it wasn't for an off-duty paramedic, a 10-month-old would likely be dead.
The baby boy was left unattended in a car that caught fire Thursday. It happened in the parking lot of a strip mall in the 200 block of Highway 63 South in Rolla.
"All you could really see was the smoldering car seat," said Papa Murphy's Store Manager Gina Coffman. "It was pretty scary." Charred remains left behind remind witnesses of the devastating incident that took place in the strip mall parking lot Thursday afternoon.