Medic grabs patient, oxygen tank before ambulance bursts into flames

A medic and a patient suffered only smoke inhalation due to his quick actions


AUGUSTA, Ga. — A paramedic and a patient were treated for smoke inhalation after an ambulance explosion Wednesday.

They are doing fine after the EMTdriving noticed smoke coming from the driver’s compartment and pulled over, WRDW.com reports. City Ambulance owner Pat Hickson said it was caused by wiring.

The paramedic on board removed the patient and necessary treatment equipment, along with a large oxygen tank. He wasn’t able to get to the small oxygen tank in time, and that exploded.

All of them were far enough away to only suffer smoke inhalation.

“After the investigation,” Hickson said, “we want to thank the crew for their actions.” 

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 firerescue1.com. All rights reserved.