Toddler dies from accidental shooting at Tenn. fire station

The 2-year-old boy, the son of volunteer firefighter, found a gun in a vehicle at the Shackle Island Fire Station


By Janelle Foskett

HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. — A 2-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself at a Hendersonville fire station on Thursday.

The Smokey Barn News reported that a volunteer took his son to the Shackle Island Fire Station, where the two became separated at some point. The toddler accessed a vehicle with a gun inside and accidentally shot himself in the chest.

The boy was taken to Hendersonville Hospital and then transported via helicopter to Vanderbilt University Medical Center but did not survive.

The incident is under investigation.

 

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 FireRescue1. All rights reserved.