Detailing emerging issues of concern with respect to PPE programs, gear selection, cleaning and decontamination, verification for ISPs, and PPE retirement
The Greensburg VFD has improved its approach to gross decon and PPE laundering to help minimize firefighters’ cancer risks
Is it time to reconsider the levels of risk in light of everything we now know about the exposure risks we face on the fireground?
Fire service researchers evaluate impact of laundering on tear and seam strength, THL and TPP, flammability, and liquid and viral penetration
A simple checklist helps fire service leaders evaluate PPE technology and cleaning claims
Follow NFPA standards and check the overlap of PPE ensemble interfaces to ensure you are protected from contamination and thermal injury
Firefighter PPE must in be a serviceable condition in order for these items to provide the needed protection
Learn about common cancer-causing agents firefighters face and the importance of wearing proper PPE
- Tragedies, mishaps and close calls: 25 years of preventing LODDs through The Secret List
- 2 people found dead after 3 Calif. homes catch fire, igniting cache of ammunition
- If you see something, say something – but then what?
- Ohio FF falls through floor, lands on FF below during house fire
- 6 Md. firefighters injured when fire truck overturns