Conn. car fire likely caused by mice in engine bay, officials say

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze


Amanda Cuda
Connecticut Post, Bridgeport, Conn.

MONROE, Conn. — A fire erupted in a car Sunday afternoon was likely caused by mice Monroe fire officials said.

According to a post on the Stevenson Volunteer Fire Company Facebook page, around 1:30 p.m. Sunday, the company was dispatched to the report of a car fire in the 1300-1400 block of Monroe Turnpike.

 

At approximately 13:32 hours today Stevenson was dispatched to the report of a car fire in the 1300-1400 block of Monroe...

Posted by Stevenson Volunteer Fire Company on Sunday, December 29, 2019

Firefighters who arrived on scene reported a fire from the engine bay of a car. More engines arrived and the fire was quickly knocked down.

According to the post, the fire was likely caused by mice in the car’s engine bay, as the vehicle isn’t driven often. The scene was turned over to the Monroe police department and the incident was resolved shortly after 2 p.m.

———

©2019 the Connecticut Post (Bridgeport, Conn.)

 

McClatchy-Tribune News Service

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 firerescue1.com. All rights reserved.