Mont. firefighter hurt in ammunition explosion

Chief Zach Muse said nine firefighters had to take cover for 30 minutes after an ammunition supply began exploding in a mobile home fire


By FireRescue1 Staff

HELENA, Mont. — A firefighter was injured after ammunition exploded during a mobile home fire.

Flathead Beacon reported that nine firefighters responded to a chimney fire and had to take cover for around 30 minutes when a supply of ammunition exploded inside the home.

One firefighter was hiding behind one of the pumper trucks when his wrist was hit by ammunition, and Lincoln Volunteer Fire Chief Zach Muse said he was unsure of the extent of the injury.

The explosion caused damage to some of the trucks as well.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2019 firerescue1.com. All rights reserved.